All of our checkout procedure is taken over a secure sockets layer (SSL), ensuring safe use of credit/debit cards online. We also have additional security to protect our customer database that is restricted to internal use.
It is your responsibility to keep your account and password details from being disclosed.
Personal Data Policy
How does Lakeland Vintners collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information through some of the following ways:
- When you register or use www.lakelandvintners.co.uk
- When you contact Lakeland Vintners by telephone or email.
- When you enter any prize draws or competitions run by Lakeland Vintners.
- When completing any forms for employment purposes.
What sort of personal information will Lakeland Vintners collect about you?
In addition to personal details such as your name, delivery address, email and telephone number, Lakeland Vintners may also collect some of the following personal information about your business:
- Details of transactions you make from Lakeland Vintners.
- Details of your buying preferences, such as your favourite products.
What does Lake Vintners use your personal information for?
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below). All data is collected lawfully and maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
We will make use of your personal information for the following:
- Process any orders that you make via the Website, phone or email (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events and competitions) offered by Lakeland Vintners.
- Register you on the Website and where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address).
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you.
How can I unsubscribe?
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe. These are as follows:
- You can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
- Alternatively, you can contact our customer services by calling 01539 821999.
Cookies are very small text documents or pieces of software code, which often include an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, a computer asks your PC or mobile device for permission to store this file on your computer or mobile device and access information from it. Information gathered through Cookies include the date and time of visits and how you are using the website.
No personal data is stored in the cookie and the information gathered cannot be used to identify any individual.
If you prefer you can adjust your internet settings to block cookies, or only accept them on confirmation from you, you should still be able to use our site without having cookies enabled.
In order to use some parts of our Sites you will need to consent to Cookies. If you choose to withhold consent, or subsequently block cookies, some aspects of our website may not work properly and you may not be able to access all or part of our website.
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy and cookies policy.